Wichita Presbyterian Manor announces 2018 Art is Ageless winners
Midori Melton’s “Mr. Cardinal” took first place in Christmas, amateur.
Robert Mayle’s “On Bantry Peninsula” was named Best of Show, amateur.
Wichita Presbyterian Manor recently hosted a reception for the winning artists in the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Amy Watson, life enrichment director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Wichita Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show-Professional: Skip Kreibach, “Late Night Reading”
- Best of Show-Amateur: Robert Mayle, “On Bantry Peninsula”
- People’s Choice: Katy Bevill, “Sugar”
- Christmas Professional: Maria Ctibor, “Gabbie Sue Christmas”
- Christmas Amateur: Midori Melton, “Mr. Cardinal”
- Drawing Professional: Carol Davis, “Rose Garden”
- Mixed Media/Crafts Professional: Nancy Wiechman, “God’s Paintbrush”
- Mixed Media/Crafts Amateur: Brenda Robertson, “Jewelry Pendant”
- Painting Professional: Therese Cabell, “Chimborazo Mountain”
- Painting Amateur: Kathleen McVey, “Red Bird”
- Photography Professional: Paulette Mattingly, “Tobacco Hornworm”
- Photography Amateur: Gary Stahl, “Prelude to Spring”
- Quilting Professional: Paulette Mattingly, “Quilted Placemat-Fall”
- Quilting Amateur: Nancy Kreibach, “Friendship Flower Garden”Sculpture/3-D Amateur: Brenda Robertson, “My Beagle”
Local competition winners will join winners from 16 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.