Wichita Presbyterian Manor announces Art is Ageless® winners
Wichita Presbyterian Manor recently announced the 2021 winners of the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition on the community Facebook page.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Amy Watson, life enrichment director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Wichita Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show professional: Cheryl Myer, “Blue Herons in Love” (top right)
- Best of Show amateur: Nancy Kreibach, “Field of Flowers” (top left)
- People’s Choice: Noah Welsch, “Keeper of the Plains” (top middle)
- Christmas amateur: Carolyn Jean Stahl, “Christmas Tree Farm”
- Christmas professional: Mark Ward, “Christmas Bells”
- Drawing amateur: Duane Hanson, “Birch Forest”
- Drawing professional: Pam Hayes, “Geranium” (bottom, middle top)
- Fiber Arts amateur: Liz Hicks, “Peacock Diagonal Lap-ghan” (bottom, right middle)
- Mixed Media/Crafts amateur: Karen Funcheon, “Winter’s Dream”
- Mixed Media/Crafts professional: Cassandra Smith, “Behind the Front” (bottom, left top)
- Painting amateur: Necia Rillema, “Texas Country Shelter” (bottom, right top)
- Painting professional: Skip Kreibach, “Contemplation” (bottom, left middle)
- Photography amateur: Robert Heath, “A Whale of a Waterfall” (bottom, right bottom)
- Photography professional: Chester Bernat, “How is my Wing Span” (bottom, right middle)
- Quilting amateur: Karen Funcheon, “Bob’s Black & White” (bottom, middle bottom)
- Sculpture/3-D professional: Jo Ann Taylor, “Elements Vision” (bottom, left bottom)
Local competition winners will join winners from 14 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s Art is Ageless program encourages Wichita Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.